Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A cake

Recently I was asked to make a cake for someone at Mike's work. I've really always liked the person, so I thought, hey why not spend a lot of time and go all out. I can't say they're as good as Tracy's cakes but not bad for first time using marzipan I thought it was fine.

Yes. It's people putting pretzel logs in a stream. That's what they're research was all about.
And a close up. This was prior to eyes and mouths being added.

Hopefully with practice, it'll get better! (The cake also got trees added out of ice cream cones, and the green blobs got frosting to look like bushes)

5 comments:

AAWG said...

That is hilarious! And AWESOME!

Sharon LaMothe said...

Hey there! Just a note from a NCLMer and trying to get caught up (Even tho I was late to sign up for the list!) Please visit my blog today if you have a chance as I am trying to make people aware of Bone Marrow Donation...yes I know, my site is mostly about Surrogacy but you know how THAT goes!

Loved your cake! I have NO TALENT, LOL...I hope to visit again when I get back from Vacation!
Hugs
Sharon
http://infertilityanswers.typepad.com/surrogacy_101/

Anonymous said...

Love the cake! I enjoy baking but have never used marzipan, you may have inspired me to try!

Kristine said...

I am so impressed!

I too have made cakes like that and I know how much time is involve. Great job!

Candid Engineer said...

Fun cake. Must have taken so much time- I'm sure he loved it!