Thursday, April 10, 2008

I couldn't let this go:

I always read the opinion pieces in our local newspaper. They're sometimes fairly entertaining and every once in awhile I come across a gem like this:



I really love chicken. Fried, roasted, in strips or whole pieces, it's always been one of my favorite foods. I can't say the same thing about eggs, though. If I have to, I can choke down one that's scrambled, but I need to be near starvation without anything else available. Clearly, though an egg may develop into a chicken, there's a considerable difference.



I'm sure no one really cares about my food choices, but I'm reminded of this every time I see yet another lame letter from someone who can't tell a fetus from a baby. I wonder if these guys -- and it's usually a guy, since the abortion debate has always been about guys controlling women -- go to the grocery store with eggs on their lists and come home with chickens, and tell their wives, "But honey, it's the same thing!"



No wonder the wives think they are cracked.



I just had to laugh.

I forwarded it to Mike and he replied saying that some staunch pro-lifers probably won't like their stand being likened to food. heh. I doubt it, but come on, it's witty and funny! Love it!

1 comment:

AAWG said...

I was driving somewhere the other day & saw some billboard that said something like "McHenry County - keeping Abortion going strong for 35 years - 52 million lives lost" (or some astronomical figure) and it had a collage of gerber-looking babies all over it.

Okay - like they'd all turn out to be kids who are beautiful enough to be a getty image - giggling in a bubble bath, cooing at daddy (because he surely stuck around) being spoonfed lovingly by momma... Sure, maybe some of them, but what about all the photos of the babies lying in a crib, ignored and hungry? Or the ones having unspeakable things done to them in front of a camera because mom or dad has a crack habit to support? How about the babies that get schleped from foster home to foster home because they have issues/imbalances? Where are their pictures? How about the photo of the kid who ends up being a drug addict and robs your uncle's convenience store, killing him in the process? I don't see his mugshot up there.

Maybe I'll go find the billboard & make a real post about it.