Saturday, October 24, 2009

Home

I guess I really was doing too much around the house.

Over the weekend my cankles grew to epic proportions. 11 1/2 inches around to be exact. And, they didn't go back down for a few days. So I called in to say on Thursday afternoon saying something doesn't seem right. I made the call at 1:30, and had an appointment at 2:15. So I left work on Friday afternoon and headed into the doctor. They took blood pressure, which a bit higher wasn't terrible (142/86, trust me I've had higher throughout this pregnancy), and the doctor came in with the famous words, "You're not going to like what I have to tell you." She placed me on maternity leave that day, with an appt. the next day to go over some test results.

I then got a nice bloodwork paper and headed across the street for a poke. Depending on what happened with the bloodwork I was either going to be sent home, or to the hospital for bedrest.
It was a very strained evening to say the least, I didn't sleep very much, and so I got up the next morning and at my appointment my blood pressure was 120/60, and all of my bloodwork came back within the normal range, meaning I'm not near preclampsia at this point. I'm still on maternity leave, and supposed to take it very easy. It's only been 2 days and I'm already finding that very difficult. Hopefully by not working anymore and taking it easy at home, I'll be able to avoid bedrest and an early delivery. Because even though we're past the point of viability, I sure don't want to have these little girls this early. After Christmas would be a much better option.

So, because I know everyone loves pictures, here are the cankles at their greatest:


And, if you get bored in the next 12 or so weeks, I'll be around...

2 comments:

Angie said...

Wow! Those are some swollen feet!

AAWG said...

mine looked like that w/ Nadja. They go away almost instantly after birth. Within 1 week, they will be normal again - I promise!