Saturday, November 22, 2008

Going Away

I just returned from a CASA Conference in Indianapolis. I was leery about going, as I've never left Mike and Ché alone overnight while I went off to a big city.

I enjoyed myself. I listened to some good speakers and got some good ideas to take back to work. I received an awesome bag... and stole some great swag. A friend from work and I drove down to Indy together and shared a room. She lived there for 12 years so drove around and took me to her favorite bar. Now, those of you that know me, also know that I'm not a drinker, and definitely not a bar person. It was way out of my comfort zone, but I did enjoy myself, and learned that I like martinis. The place was called Rock Bottom. I had the applitini and a sexy bex. The appletini tasted like a jolly rancher, and the sex bex was so sweet it was scary how much it didn't taste like alcohol.

On the way home we stopped at World Market, and I bought way too much stuff since I've never been to one before. It was great. Truly wish we had one here.

What I learned the most from the conference though... That I missed home and couldn't wait to be back.

3 comments:

AAWG said...

I LOVE World Market! And I shudder to think how nuts I would go in there, sauced on two martinis! haha! (I can't drink much myself)

Mikeropod said...

I married a lush!

*hmph*



:P

Resplendentquetzal said...

I guess I should clarify...

I had 2 (two) drinks... not a gallon, ahem.
I can count on one hand the number of drinks I've had in my life, so it's not like I get drunk everynight...

You, Mr. Michael, make me sound like an alcoholic! Not so! :-)