Monday, September 29, 2008

It's been a while...

Boy, it's been a while since I've put anything up here...


So what's new?
  • September 5th I had surgery to explore and poke around my uterus. That was fun...What was fun though was that we stayed at the Embassy Suites in Caramel, Indiana, which was about 6 blocks from the hospital (rather convenient) and it had a parrot. That's right a parrot. My mom had gone with us so that Ché could go to, and I don't think there is anything more exciting than having breakfast with a parrot.On another note, I did have a *tiny* bit of endometriosis, a flap of hanging tissue, and some ovarian drilling done. I was sore for about a week and a half, and the worst part was not being able to lift Ché. I had a 10 lb. weight limit, which just wasn't fun.But I feel great now, and I have noticed a difference. The ovarian drilling (This link is a picture, you must be very brave to click on it...)lowers testosterone levels, and I think I've noticed a difference in the way I've been acting and feeling. Mike was a tremendous help during that week and a half. He took care of Ché, and made sure that I wasn't doing things I shouldn't be, as well as doing some extra things around the house.
  • September 21 -- Go Bears! Even though they lost, it was well worth the trip! The seats were great, we didn't get any sun, thanks to the structure holding the big TV. We also got a great souvenir for Ché...

Given his great love of Daddy's Bears and Halloween this year, it's been a great thing.

  • Ché's been talking up a storm, with his new favorite things being: "Mama said I could," and "I'm just teasin'." It really makes for some interesting conversations, but not as good as the one last night where he wanted me to help him hold himself down so that he didn't spray all over the bathroom. There was a lot of "You tuck it Mama" going on, which was hard to explain why that was not my job.
  • We still have not moved Ché to a big boy bed. He will climb over the railing but only if it is down and if one of us is around to supervise. I have to admit, I'm glad he's not in a big boy bed, it really saves us sometimes in regards to not having a little person in our bed, or one staring at you at 5 in the morning. Not that Ché is a bad sleeper, I just don't want the possibility of that.

Other than that, life's been fairly boring. How about you?




1 comment:

AAWG said...

I didn't know you had surgery! I hope this will ease your female troubles, hon.

Oh yeah - put a kiddie gate in his doorway if you don't want him in your room. That way, he can play around in his room on Sun morning, while you sleep in.