Friday, May 9, 2008

Nothing new ** UPDATED**

We visited my parents last night. My dad looked like he did the day before.

I'm not sure all what's going on, as my mom is the kind that has to wait and tell you the details on her own time. There are some issues going on, but they haven't discussed it with the oncologist yet. I don't want to be naive, but I think that it's important to do that before jumping to conclusions.

It's still not happy news in anyway, however, I'm not sure where we stand.

On another note:

We don't have to go to Indy on Saturday, we're choosing to go. Dr. Jarrett's office called and said that we could come into the office Saturday for an ultrasound and that would then decided what we would do next (more injections of Bravelle, or the HcG) OR we could go ahead and just do the HcG on Sunday with the assumption that things are on track.

The ultrasound showed that my follicles were measuring at 11's and 12's, and they should be 15's or more before trying. So there not that far off.

We decided that we should do things the right way, and go down for the ultrasound. This way if we need one more injection, than it's not a waste.

In that event Ché is staying for the first time with Grandma and Grandpa. We'll see how that goes.


I was at home, packing Ché's things up for his weekend adventure, when my mom called. She had a very panicked voice, and I immediately thought something happened to my Dad. Boy, was I wrong. She called to tell me that my brother's mother-in-law was found in her trailer dead. My brother was holding a garage sale this weekend, so my mom was calling for help in cleaning that up and getting his 2 kids to their house for the night. My brother's mother-in-law was in her early 60's and fairly healthy. Please keep their family in your thoughts.

On another side note, seems that there was a mishap at my parents house involving juice. My dad drinks these little Welch's juice bottles. He was taking them upstairs to his room and drinking half or so a night. He would then finish the rest later. Seems that some of them were growing mold and he was still drinking them. The thought at this moment, although not medically checked, is that the ill feeling, and the other things going on were an adverse effect of drinking moldy juice. sigh. It's always something around here.

No comments: