Here's my recipe, which is a bunch of others combined:
- 1 chicken (3lbs.) whole
- 2 cartons less sodium chicken broth
- fresh parsley
- 1 leek
- 3 cups milk (we use lactaid)
- 3 TBSP. flour
- 1 TBSP. butter
- 8 oz. wild rice cooked to pkg. directions
- 8 oz. wild rice with brown rice mix cooked to pkg. directions
- Salt and Pepper to taste
I also really wanted chocolate chip cookies, but due to this diet, it's a no go. However, ingenuity prevails and I now have 36 cookies.
I used my favorite recipe and just substituted.
- 1 c. butter flavored crisco (if you don't they will spread out and be really thin)
- 1 c. white splenda
- 1 c. brown sugar splenda (or brown sugar twin)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract (use the good kind, it's worth it!)
- 3 c. almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- chocolate chips
BTW, carb count on these babies is 3.2 grams per cookie as opposed to 18 g in a regular cookie.
So, snacking without guilt! yay!
Hope your weekend is as good as mine!