Monday, January 26, 2009

Interview

A fellow blogger sent the following questions:

1. What is your clearest memory of the year you were 10?

That would have been 1992. I was in 5th grade, and as far as I can remember my clearest memory was at camp. I believe that was the year I broke my ankle playing kickball. I vividly remember the noise (which is why to this day I cannot stand knuckle cracking), and that I threw the ball back in so the other kids didn't have to stop playing. I was at Birch Lake in Michigan, so I had to be driven down to the Granger Martin's where my parents picked me up and then took me to the hospital. Unfortunately, I had already put wash out hair color in my hair (pink of course) and was not treated the greatest at the hospital. I was told it was just a sprain, given some crutches and sent on my way. I begged to go back to camp, which my parents let me do, with the explicit instructions to stay on the crutches.
I didn't. Of course. Now, as an adult, I kick myself, since I have many days of pain in that ankle, which decides to give out every now and then. (I found out later that it was broken...)

2. If you were not a mom and wife, what would you be doing?

I have no idea. I think I would still be living at home, and may have pursued an advance degree since I would be working and have nothing else to spend my money on.

3. If a movie was made of your life, who would you want to play you?

I have always had an affinity for Molly Ringwald, but the whole 40 years old and pregnant with twins thing (her not me!) doesn't really help out, so I guess Drew Barrymore. We have the same round face, so perhaps that would work! (I'm not really up on my actresses, so that's the best I've got for this one...)


4. What TV show is most like your life and why?

The Office. I have crazy people in my life that remind me of those characters. They aren't all work related, in fact most of them aren't, but each of the Office characters has a counter part in my life.


5. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?

The power to stop time. I could get so much more done if everyone around me would just be still and let me get things finished!

That was easy! If you want to participate, just shoot me a comment and I'll send you 5 questions!

No comments: