Saturday, December 6, 2008

And it's over!

Mike has been gone since November 30th. About 6 days. In toddler time, it's a lifetime.
Mike has been here, way up north, where they have even more snow than at home, and colder temperatures too!

Ché did fairly well, better than last time Daddy was gone. We had Daddy cards, a system where we pulled a number off every day counting down the time till Daddy came home, and I tried keeping him busy with crafts, baking, and other projects, but last night, he'd had enough.

I got 2/3 of the way down my mom's driveway when he started begging for his blankie, which he proceeded to cry into most of the way home, until the pitiful "I miss Daddy," came out. All day today he's been obstinate and impatient, and every time I ask him what is wrong, the answer is, "I miss Daddy."

I swear if Daddy ever goes out of town again, Ché's going too. It's a good thing he called and they're coming home a day early. I don't think Ché or I could take another day alone together.

No comments: