Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My 1st Time

No, no not that!
What I mean is that for the 1st time since I've been able to vote, the candidate that I voted for won.
It's exciting. I traditionally live in a red state, and last night it went blue, for the first time since LBJ was elected. That was in 1963. 45 years of being red...

Mike and I watched the celebration in Grant Park, and the concession speech given by McCain.
CNN still hasn't called Indiana even though 99% of the precincts are reporting and the vote tally is
Obama: 1,352,356

McCain: 1,329,370


That's a difference of 22,986. That's not many people, but it's enough.

However, right now, we all need to stop thinking and celebrating/mourning about who won, and who lost, but what we can do together to make this presidency work, to strengthen the economy, to improve healthcare, to get ourselves back on our feet.


One man cannot do this by himself. We have to do it together, so I'm going to do my best not to gloat after this post of course, but for now:


The Speech

No comments: