Friday, July 11, 2008

On the way to work...

A lot of people in our town are biking to work. We've had wonderful weather in which to do so, and with gas prices...
One of the streets I take to work everyday has a bike lane, which means i get to see a lot of people on their way to work. Mostly younger people with button down shirts, dress pants and tennis shoes, with a backpack on. Today I saw a gentleman that had to easily be in his mid to late 60's riding to work. He too donned the uniform of button down shirt, etc. He even had a helmet, which I thought was pretty progressive for someone of advanced years. ("I didn't have to wear one as a kid!" mentality keeps a lot of people helmet less).

The shocking thing to me though was not his age, nor the helmet. It was that he was smoking a cigar during his ride.

No comments: