Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I have ice down my pants.

And it's by choice.

Tonight is the last night for the injections. I'm glad. Very, very glad. I was all set to do it on my own. The injecting part that is, with Mike dosing things out. He's a much more precise measurer than I. (I do the pinch of this, dash of that cooking, Mike measures water to make mac-n-cheese)
But, through no fault of his own the mixing of sodium chloride and bravelle took a lot longer than expected, and I, lost my nerve.

Mike took care of the injection. The first was the worst. I think he moved the needle after it was in my stomach and it just caused some discomfort. The 2nd and 3rd were much much better, they didn't even hurt. I think it's because I iced prior to all three, but only after the 2nd and 3rd.
I was really glad on Wednesday night to be done with that whole part of this process. I did break down on Tuesday and cried while Mike sat on the couch with a needle in his hand. He even offered to put it all away, but I figured that defeated the purpose of the whole thing we're trying to do. So I took a minute and we were fine.

I went this morning (Thursday) for an u/s and some blood work. It seems as though I do have some follicles but they aren't as big as they should be. I have no idea what the blood work indicates.

So I wait and finally get a call from Indianapolis office and the news is:

2 more nights of Bravelle injections
an ultrasound in Indy (3 hours from us) on Saturday
an HcG shot on Sunday
Intercourse Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday

Ya, more shots.
Hooray.

No comments: