Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Back to Normal

I had to go back to work today, and Mike is going back tomorrow. This gives Ché one more day of staying home with a parent. Tomorrow Grandma will come, and Friday it's off to Nana's.


Luckily for him and us, we have some awesome parents. Mike's mom watches Ché 3 days a week, and my Mom watches him 1 day. This only leaves Mondays. Mondays are "school" days where Ché goes to a Presbyterian Church for the day. We call it school, and even though it started out rough, with a lot of crying and tears, both on his part and ours, it is really an enjoyable place.

We just had a holiday lunch at his "School" right before Christmas, and I have to say that I was really impressed. They had 2 year olds singing Jingle Bells, and Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. The older kids had other songs that they sang, and then they had a turkey dinner for everyone that attended.

Ché is still in the toddler room. They didn't do anything at the program, just ate and drank. He'll be in the toddler room for a bit, since they have a grace period, and the toddler teachers don't want to give him up. I honestly don't have a problem with him hanging back awhile. He's small, and often gives in to bigger kids, not that I want him to be a bully or anything, but sometimes you have to take a stand, I mean especially when it's the cool toy in the room. No honestly, we have no problem with him being mild mannered, but sometimes you do have to stand up for what's right.
I'm sure they'll be a bit of seperation anxiety involved when we move to the two's room. He has really gotten used to Miss Angela and Miss Rose and even has to give them hugs and kisses byebye when I pick him up. Sometimes he isn't really ready to leave either which makes me think that this really must be a great place for him to be.

On another note, Mike and I are seeing an RE this Friday. It's only a meeting and will last about 30 minutes, but it's a step closer to seeing what's going to happen. I'm afraid of daily injectibles, but you have to do what you have to do.

I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Just stopping by to say HELLO! I also went back to work today after a LONG holiday break! :)

Keeping your appt on Friday in my thoughts & prayers!!!!!

Resplendentquetzal said...

Thank you so much. Never did I think that I would be getting comments from people I have been reading! I really appreciate you keeping us in your thoughts.
I love reading your blog and seeing the outfits you have the girls in!